Friday, April 07, 2017

Happy Birthday Carolsue

I want to wish a great shout-out to Carolsue who just happens to have a birthday today. For those of you who aren't familiar with the characteristics of Aries, we are ornery critters--especially if you put more than one of us in a room together. That can be taxing, but it can also be good. We also gravitate towards each other, which is probably how I found Carolsue.

Carolsue was a former renter who became my hired boots on the ground and then my friend. She has been invaluable in her experience, wisdom and ass-kickery. It is very true we never would have gotten as far as we did in our accidental business without her. I forever will be grateful.

Most of my memories of Carolsue are wonderful. They are intangible and it would bore you to tears to recap them all, especially because they are so ambiguous--you had to be there. But do know, there has been a lot of laughter. The time she almost got us arrested is probably the memory I would like to forget. But in all fairness, it happened in Moody--which is like a suburb of Leeds. So think of it as "redneck light."

Happy Birthday my dear friend. You are the big sister I never had.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

How sweet! As for almost getting us arrested.....you truly haven't earned your stripes in country towns like Leeds and/or Moody unless you've been arrested at least once. Besides, we wouldn't have done any "real" time. Haha! I adore you to the moon and back and am proud and pleased as punch to call you my little sis.