Monday, April 06, 2015

Opening Day

Today is the first day of the 2015 Arizona Diamondbacks season. I have personally asked the Diamondbacks for a winning year as a special birthday wish. I am writing this before first pitch, so I can say--at least right now--they are undefeated.

Today is also opening day for my home in North Centerpoint. It is officially for sale. A short sale. You see, the second mortgage was called due. Marty and I rallied back and forth with the bank since last September and the result was the destruction of a mid-sized rainforest, ample frustration and blog fodder for the past six months. Last week I spoke to the asset manager who told me to short sell the house or pay off the second mortgage. They won't do a deed in lieu of foreclosure--which was my first choice. He made it perfectly clear: they don't want the home either.

Kirby listed the house for me. He sent me the listing today and actually made the home sound wonderful. Who wouldn't want to purchase this place for $40k under what we paid for it? A bargain at half the price.

I am somewhat numb about the entire short sale issue. I have had time to think about it, process everything and get used to the idea of having fledgling credit and potential creditors calling my home.

This is the home I liked the least. Sadly, the home I liked the most--the one in Pinson--will also be a short sale in a month or so. I have equated this process to a cortisone shot: it stings like a bitch going in, and then the pain goes away. Maybe by Opening Day next year I can be writing about more happy topics.

No comments: