Sunday, August 24, 2014

Random Bama---The Property Management Edition

Not to jinx it or anything, but it turns out I might, possibly, have a tenant for my Grayson Valley home. Ms. Amy has told the said potential tenant that I am a no-nonsense owner and not to apply if there was any reason she would feel the need to pay late on a regular basis. Or at least that's what Ms. Amy told me.

_______________________________________________

So far, in the past 21 days Luigi and his crew have shown the Hysteria Lane more attention than Mario and his minions did in the three years they had the home. For that matter, the rental price has been raised and they have had more showings this month than Mario had in July (which was a total of one).

_______________________________________________

Kirby--remember him?

For those of you who are fuzzy on the details  Kirby was my property manager for years. Then he sold out to Mario while I was on vacation last year. Before the transaction could go through (Kirby was selling his entire portfolio of homes he was managing, not just mine), I pulled out and sent my gazillion (minus three homes) to Luigi. That has caused the subsequent drama for this blog for the past several months. In all fairness, I am sorry I didn't meet Luigi in 2008 when I started looking for a property management company. He rocks.

Anyway, back to Kirby. Kirby is still a licensed agent. He also has become my handyman. We talk about twice a week--generally about maintenance issues. But sometimes it is personal, like "how are you and how is the wife?' Kirby thinks Ray (the guy selling my rental in Leeds) is a dumbass. Actually, I am paraphrasing. Kirby really said Ray seemed "inexperienced", but I can read between the lines.

No comments: