Monday, August 04, 2014

Going, Going, Gone

There was pandering in the past 48 hours.

Lots of pandering.

The pandering started Saturday when Mario finally got around to responding to my e-mail from last week. It was the e-mail where I pointed out I had no idea this Willy guy was my primary contact at his office. Mario's reply was highly professional, and he even threw in a bit of self-deprecating humor as well, suggesting anyone who works for a property management company for 10 years must be crazy. I guess he didn't see my resume because, though true, he probably wouldn't have added that last part if he wanted to be on my good side.

Then Mario told me nobody more than him wanted to get my home rented out. I didn't respond telling him if that was the case, why did the listing on his Web site say it wasn't ready until July 28? Or, why has it had one showing in 30 days? And why--when they manage a home, slightly smaller, one block away for more money and I have always gotten top dollar for my home--should I take a reduction in rent when they haven't even shown the place?

And there was more pandering today when Mario got my e-mail this morning. I sent it right after someone named Greg e-mailed me to tell me once again, I had only had one showing in the past 30 days. My note to Mario was that it was time for us to part ways. I left it polite, keeping out all my personal feelings. It was even more polite than I really cared to. Hopefully that will count for something when I meet the Almighty.

Mario, the King of Pandering, wrote me back saying he wished I would reconsider. If nothing else, would I please have enough mercy to allow him to follow up with the one potential applicant who saw the place this weekend. Now, I know nobody saw it this weekend. But, what the heck! If Mario can pull a renter out of thin air and have them move in tomorrow, that's fine. So, I told him that would be ok, but the tenant must have no pets, reasonable credit, no evictions or felonies. He had until close of business today to make it happen. It didn't happen.

At 5:23 p.m. Alabama time I sent Mario another note. I told him I was sorry we couldn't make it work and someone would be by to pick up the keys.

That noise you may hear is rejoicing from Heaven.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

The bad news is you now have to acclimate yourself to another agent....the good news is you now have to acclimate yourself to another agent. win/win