Thursday, December 05, 2013

Heath Bell is No Longer a Diamondback and Other News

I was having a great vacation. And, to top it all off, I finally was connected to the internet and discovered Heath Bell had been traded to the Tampa Bay Rays. So, if being on a remote island wasn't great enough, finding out the Diamondbacks had rid themselves of a has-been player who (in my opinion) single-handedly blew the Dbaks first place lead was sheer heaven. Heaven I tell you!

Then I got an e-mail yesterday that changed my entire vacation outlook. Apparently Mario's property management company had acquired Kirby's company. The letter said it was a friendly merger--and it explains why Kirby hadn't bothered to return a few of my messages in the past few weeks. Messages that would have been relevant if he had long-term plans to keep his company--which apparently he did not.

I don't have a reference to know if this is good or bad for my accidental business. I don't like Mario. That's why he only manages one of my homes. I like Kirby. That's why for the next few weeks at least, he manages most of my homes. Mario will have to honor the contracts Kirby and I have in place, which means I won't be able to snatch these homes out of property management and then what? Manage them myself? Give them to another company? What company? I have interviewed pretty much every property management company in Central Alabama. To give you an idea of what I think about them, Mario's company is my second-favorite.

Daisy sent me a text this morning. She had been out all week, she knew I called Monday (not related to the merger). Her note said she needed to talk with me. She said she would call me when she could but right now she was dealing with the "disaster" of her company going away. Disaster was her word, the rest I am paraphrasing. I am guessing as soon as I talk with her I will have a reference on how I need proceed.


No comments: