Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kirby's Lucky Day

Remember Mario? He was the other property manager I brought in to manage my home on Hysteria Lane--only taken away from Kirby because of Kirby's company's incompetence Kirby's company's inability to find a qualified tenant for my lovely home.

Mario and I started out breezily enough, with him renting my home in a mere six weeks. However, Mario has nickled and dimed me since then. When I called him today to once again question the unusual amount of repairs coming from a seven year old home, he spoke to my lack of understanding by telling me twice because I wasn't male, I could not possibly have any earthly idea how to read the income statement or make decisions. Let's leave that to Marty Sunshine, shall we?

I am not an overly sensitive person by nature. Nor am I one to interpret a man saying this as a condescending comment on a regular basis. I guess if I think about it, I should be more astonished it took more than eight years of doing business in the South for someone to suggest to my face I was incompetent because of my gender.

Marty Sunshine is none too thrilled about this either, as he got an earful from me and now gets to solely deal with Mario on a regular basis. But it is for the best, I don't have anything professional to say to him anyway.

My original idea was that I was transition my homes from Kirby to Mario over time. So far that hasn't happened. And at this rate, I am guessing it probably won't. Kirby may not be real responsive, but at least he is afraid of me.

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

I cannot believe he would say such a thing! Unbelievable! I am just stunned! What a jerk!

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart.