Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Here's Hoping For Twelve Months of Bliss

Ok. So this is a tad late. But, let me tell you about my new tenant.

Mr. Wonderful was the second person to answer my ad about my vacant home in Mr. 114's neck of the woods. The first person and I had a bit of discussion, where she agreed to be a bit cross with me and I agreed not to rent the home to her. Bless her heart...

But enough about her! Let me tell you about my new tenant. After talking with Mr. Wonderful for several minutes on my Birmingham cell phone, I started doing my happy dance, jumping up and down all the while Marty Sunshine watched, wondering if I had to go to the bathroom. When he heard me tell Mr. Wonderful he needed to call Mr. 114 so he could view the home, Marty knew I was hooked.

Not only was I hooked, but Mr. 114 called us immediately after Mr. Wonderful left and positively gushed about Mr. Wonderful. He is a civic leader. He has a well-known business in the area. He isn't Ms. Shirley... and the list went on and on. I think if we passed on Mr. Wonderful, Mr. 114 would have offered to let him move into his own home.

But no need, Mr. Wonderful did want our home. Apparently, Mr. 114 sold him on how awesome we are too.

In addition to Mr. Wonderful being just about as ducky as he can possibly be (did I mention he owns a lawn mower?), he is also willing to remedy the big paint splotches Ms. Shirley left on every single wall for the cost of supplies and beer for his buddies. There was no need for me to get the interior painted.

I am loving Mr. Wonderful. Did I mention that?

The great news is I am going to get an awesome tenant (I hope). The bad news is I will probably only get him for a year because he is planning on buying a home next year. I am already missing him.

No comments: