Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Brain Dead Edition

There have been a couple of you (that would be two) of my five readers who actually notice I am not writing as much. It isn't personal.

It is because of two mitigating factors:

1. The drama right now is at a minimum, but I am expecting a vacant home and Haroldine to sue me at any time.

2. In addition to that whole real estate thing, I am working a summer job that requires me to show up and clock in at 6 a.m. Yes, you read that correctly. Morning. The job itself is grounds for a blog.  

There are Alabama things going on, of course. But I haven't really been keeping tabs too much. For example, I forgot to deposit the rent checks. This doesn't bode well with my bank account. Fortunately my mortgage payments didn't bounce.

Ms. Shirley has a few repairs that I need to direct to Mr. 114. But, he is busy rebuilding Birmingham after the tornado damage. And I am too flighty to find someone else to do it. Ms. Shirley is still being totally grateful I took care of the sewage back up in record time and isn't grossing too loudly about her floor. Did I mention I question the sanity of the person who put wood flooring in a bathroom? I'm just saying...

I haven't followed up on my problem tenants, except a text here and there. I haven't talked to Carolsue in ages. I haven't called Legal Eagle in a while to ask random questions and I haven't managed to get in touch with Attorney Jon who is supposedly taking care of an issue that I need taken care of months ago.

Pretty much, I am maintaining. And I am ok with that. It is actually pretty satisfying to be in a place where it is possible to let things just be. It is a long time coming.

4 comments:

BusyMommy said...

Do I know where you are working? I'm thinking I should, but I don't. Shoot me an email when you have time. Which probably won't be for awhile, I'm thinking. ;-) Praying for you!

Fiona D. said...

I am working for the largest do-it-yourself moving company with the orange and white moving trucks.

It is their busy time. The job is seasonal and it pays for Buckaroo's pesky grocery addiction.

And yes, it really is 4:32 a.m. as I type this.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to talk with someone daily to know they love you! (and I do)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just amazing how many groceries a growing boy can eat?!

*Hugs*

P.S. For crying out loud, I had to comment under my livejournal account, because Google was going to make me sign up for a Blogger account before it would let me comment.

-Me