Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sitting Pretty

Whatever happened to Wayward? Well, she is still there. Living comfortably in MY home. She is babysitting the copper plumbing and the air conditioning unit. I have a variety of people checking on her every week.

Someday, somehow, some way, Wayward will find another landlord to mooch from. Actually from what I understand we are currently waiting on the sheriff's office to do their job. This particular assignment was given to them on July 8. You see, the sheriff's department has two teams of folks who go out to the homes of people like Wayward. They bring a couple of inmates and a few trash bags and empty out the place.

So far, Wayward hasn't had the pleasure of meeting the sheriff's deadbeat patrol. They are currently two week's backlogged with friends of Wayward. And, I hear Wayward's turn to meet these nice folks might happen in my life time. I have called around to see if I can hire my own posse to take care of this, but no. It has to be someone from the Sheriff's office. They have to use their own Hefty bags. I am sure there are less legal ways to pursuade her to leave. But, that really isn't my style.

There is a woman who calls me every Monday to see if this house is vacant. She hasn't seen the inside but she wants first dibs. Now, if I could only get Wayward to cooperate.

No comments: