Saturday, May 06, 2006

A week in the life

As we are in the toddlerhood of business, we are discovering the world around us and finding ways to adapt, with the occasional temper tantrum when I can't have my way. And, just like any toddler deep in the throes of a developmental milestone, I am not sleeping; but wanting to concentrate instead on fixing/finding a new way to figure out what my latest hurdle happens to be. Unfortunately, just like grownups, my partners don't understand. It really isn't up for them to understand exactly. I would appreciate a little patience from them however.

On my list of to-dos this week. Find a lender who wasn't a complete bozo. I may have found one. Keep your fingers crossed folks. I absolutely have to get the lending thing under control before I do anything else. Next, I have a call into a couple of the credit reporting agencies trying to see if I can streamline the loan application process. Then there is the whole loan application process! Still working on that. I want to update it and include some additional pertinent information. And finally, I am interviewing my third attorney in Birmingham. I really think Birmingham attorneys go to the Alabama Plumbers' school of customer service. There are more items on my to-do list. I am just scratching the surface here. All of these little things are minor. But I have time to deal with them now. And, if I improve my processes now, I won't be trying to fix them later on when I am busier.

Just like learning to walk before I can run.

No comments: