Friday, May 17, 2013

Random Bama

I am thinking this person is residing in the wrong state. By the way, it does not say "Royalty."

_______________________________________________

I got a text today from someone at 2:47 p.m. (that would be 4:47 p.m. Alabama time on a Friday afternoon) saying, "Mrs. Landlord, I need a plumber. My potty backed up yesterday." I have no idea who the text was from. 

At 2:47 p.m. today, I was busy--in fire drill mode actually--with my nudist seller who is hoping to close on Monday. And, as I am only managing a few homes, and I trust those particular tenants I am managing, I just sent a text back telling them to call a plumber. The outcome would have been the same if I had known if it was Mrs. Sherwood, Ms. Angie or Mrs. Green. I guess I will find out when the bill comes.
_______________________________________________
Marty Sunshine found a few of the lessons we have learned from managing a business in the South to have come in handy. The out-of-state interview he had the other day was for a job in the South. Early on, Marty mentioned he has family "in the area" (if you count Florida as South--which Southerners don't) and we own property in Birmingham. Marty said the man interviewing him suddenly perked up, became a lot more friendly and his drawl immediately got a lot thicker. I guess that was a secret code for something. 
_______________________________________________


And finally, I would like to give a shout-out to Carolsue's daughter. She graduated from law school today and there are a lot of proud people in the South as we speak. Though I have never met her, Carolsue has been keeping me abreast of her adventures since the days she was an undergrad.

So, Congrats Lawyer Girl! It would be really awesome if you specialize in real estate.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

Awww! Thanks! When you come south this summer, you, me and Victoria will have to have a glass of vino on the deck!!