Saturday, February 02, 2013

If Necessary, I am Happy to Supply an Atlas

There was an ugly rumor I was going to Birmingham next month. The rumor was started by me, confirmed by Marty Sunshine--though the specifics, including dates had not been fine tuned. The only item I had done was warn Carolsue I was coming.

And then I checked airline schedules.

It turns out Southwest Airlines, my airline of choice, given that I have frequent flyer miles, no longer flies direct. I can fly though Tampa or Chicago (Midway--ugh!) or Las Vegas. Too bad there isn't a stop over in Paris or Maui, both of which would be much more preferable.

I guess Birmingham isn't the smoking hot vacation destination it used to be.

3 comments:

Ernie said...

Yeah, Birmingham lost our "ideal vacation destination" title to Jackson (TN not MS) LOL They have the Casey Jones Museum and all we have is a half naked man standing on top of the mountain.

Fiona D. said...

I can see that. I have been to the Casey Jones Museum in Jackson TN. It is pretty cool.

Sue said...

Yeah, way cooler than the giant half naked man....