Thursday, January 10, 2013

Magnatized

Mr. Wonderful is all kinds of awesome. I really believe so, but it is somewhat awkward to be friends with a tenant or even a former tenant. And though I have male friends, I prefer they all are sanctioned by Marty Sunshine.

For those of you needing a back-story. Mr. Wonderful moved into my home last April. He rented out my home in Alabaster after Ms. Shirley left (painting a sample color or three on every wall downstairs). However, Mr. Wonderful didn't care about a little mis-matched paint. He had some place to live. Which was fine by me.

Much to his delight, Mr. Wonderful bought a home last month. It was a dandy of a home and a bargain price too. I know this because Mr. Wonderful talked to me about it. And, he sent me the listing. It really is a nice place. Much nicer than my home in Alabaster. And much, much bigger too.

Buying a home before the lease is up is a bit of a conundrum. You see, Mr. Wonderful is on the hook for the remaining money. He knows this. I know this. Fortunately, he is (so far) paying his fair share. He is also frantically helping me find a tenant.

On Wednesday he called with a lead. One of his clients needs a short-term lease. If I were to agree, his client would be in as soon as possible and be out by summer--just in time for renting season. And, by the way, Mr. Wonderful had given this guy my name and e-mail address.

So, what did I think?

I think this might work out. Though I loathe short-term leases, exceptions can be made for the right person. So, when the new guy e-mailed me, I explained the rent is higher on a short-term lease and I wasn't painting the patchwork quilt walls either. And please contact Kirby. Of course, if forced, I will paint the mis-matched walls. But if I don't have to do it just now, that's fine by me.

Meanwhile, something tells me Mr. Wonderful isn't going away. He recently expressed his disappointment that I didn't contact him last time I was in town. He has told me when I am next in town to let him know so he can show off his new home to me. I currently have no plans of stepping foot in Alabama any time soon. But perhaps by the time I do, Mr. Wonderful will have found a new Divorced Dad Magnet.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

How funny! I told you not to feed it or else it would follow you home! LOL