Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Big Southern Adventure

Today is my last day in the South. I have been here a week taking care of a variety of issues. One of the biggies was talking to someone (or in this case a whole mess of folks) to help me grow the company. I got ideas and feedback. The rest is up to me.

I stopped by to see the "completed" work my handyman said he finished. He has been summarily fired for lying to me and a new handyman has taken his place. Thus, fulfilling the six week prophecy. By him telling me he was done, I told others I was done and we were able to move forward. I didn't know I was misleading folks, because I didn't know until this week that I had been misled. Being the South, phrases such as "keeping one's word" and "honor" go a long way. I had a good time throwing that at him as I canned him for lessening my credibility.

I also went house hunting and found a few that would be nice to purchase at the right price. I think we will put an offer in on a couple of them. I think I finally was off the clock for the first time in a week around 7 p.m. last night.

One of the nicest parts of my trip was visiting with the friends I have made along the way. I had dinner with my agent. I stayed with a friend this week--who was gracious enough to loan me the upstairs bedroom and bath. And, I have connected with a tenant and hopefully she and I will meet up today.

All in all, a productive trip. I am exhausted.

No comments: