Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Our New Reality

Closing our accidental business is a relief yet to come. Frankly, the process just downright sucks. It isn't the emotional aspect of the entire thing. Because, I can honestly say, I am totally over Alabama. There are no more tears.

What does get to me is the actual day to day garbage that is a result of closing our accidental business. When you spiral from 800+ to a negative FICO score in the course of a few months, life changes. It isn't that we need credit right now, because that isn't an issue. But we have a lot more hassles in our life and a lot less freedom that comes with garbage credit.

For example. I need to book a hotel room in advance for a place far away. In the past, I would have used a credit card. Unfortunately Visa/Master Card/American Express now feel I cannot be trusted with a credit card (even though my now-former card had no balance on it before they took it away). Instead, I will have to use a debit card and have the hotel company hold a portion of my checking account hostage.

There are lots of stories in my life like this now. It is a new part of our life. I understand that. I am not big on change. Nor am I big on jumping through hoops. However, both are the new reality for us.



No comments: