Tuesday, October 07, 2014

In Other News

I am told I finally have my Grayson Valley home rented to a professional football player and his girlfriend. This is not my first brush with the Somewhat Notable renting homes from me. I once had a divorced musician whose wife had a better lawyer. Birmingham was half way between his former home and Nashville. So he planted himself in one of my properties for a few years until his fortune changed.

Additionally, one time some morning drive-time radio personality wanted to rent my home. She had just moved to Birmingham from Los Angeles. Anyway, she rejected my rental because it wasn't "California enough."

Anyway, this new guy is apparently some sort of Alabama University (or is it University of Alabama? I can never remember which) former football star turned professional. I don't know what position he plays or even how long he has been in the pros. Heck, I have never heard of the dude before last week, but that's ok. Apparently there are lots of folks in Birmingham who would be gaga upon hearing such news. I am just hoping he stays healthy long enough to pay the rent.

2 comments:

Ernie said...

Birmingham is (once again) attempting a semi-pro football team...or is it just pro?....at any rate, I'm sure it will go the way the other teams quickly went - which is belly up. I don't think it's going to be an arena team. Maybe alternative?? Maybe? All I know is our bankrupt city is throwing a lot of cash (who knows where it comes from) into a fancy new stadium for them.

Fiona D. said...

No. Birmingham does not have an NFL team. This person plays for a professional football team in another city and lives with his family (who are in my home) off season.