Sunday, February 19, 2006

Taxes Smaxes

Well, it is that time of year again. Actually, this is the first time taxes have ever blown me away. Usually I can handle them. And for a long time, I just did them myself. As our investments grew, I started passing them along to a CPA. As we started doing more real estate investing, I looked for a CPA who could make sense of the complex and find us more tax deductions. I am lucky to have him.

This is year one of our corporation, so taxes are even more confusing than ever. More to remember and hopefully more deductions will come my way. I dumped most of this on my bookkeeper. However, in college, just as I always had clients who would do a precleaning before I got over there to clean their house, I needed to get my receipts and zen accounting system ready for her. After she is done with them, THEN they go to the CPA. I cancelled my appointment twice and it is now set in stone for March 2.

I have started reviewing my personal taxes. I did a bit of a calculation and have decided that 1) I need to stop making calculations and 2) I probably owe.

No comments: