Monday, October 24, 2016

Lost

We are in the process of shutting down our accidental business. I am told this entire ordeal could take as long as six more years to complete or as little as we could be done by the end of 2017 (but no sooner than then).

Closing down a business is not just as simple as hanging up a "gone fishing" sign and locking the door. For one thing, the IRS wants to be involved. And so does the state of Alabama. The State of Arizona has already been involved--and they drove me nuts. There are lots of items that need some attention, but not the kind of laser-focus I have had to give to everything prior.

Then there is letting all of the homes go. Right now we have a house for sale. As they empty we sell.

There is also the emotional aspect of releasing all I have done for the past 14 years. Coupling this with not home schooling and the fact I am not currently working (another story) and I am struggling to find my place in all this. I am lost.

Last summer Bliz asked me what I was going to do with all my spare time. The truth is, her question scared me. I still don't know.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

you may feel lost, but you are not alone. Also, I believe that someone who is couragous, ambitious, and resourceful enough to start and run a multistate real estate business, AND break into The South will not long stay lost.