Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Closer to Selling

My house I wish to sell in Alabama isn't on the market yet. This isn't a terrible shock, but a situation I would prefer to rectify sooner than later. In order for this to be done, many stars must align. You see, my former tenant sweetly left me a bit of a mess. Apparently she couldn't haul her used mattress, old boxes and a few other items to the curb for the trash to pick up. So, before anything else could be done, Kirby took care of that.

The house also needs a fresh coat of paint on the inside and out. If it would stop raining over there, the exterior could be painted. I am told the interior has been done. I have no idea what color, and though I would like to ask, it would probably emotionally obligate me to this process. And right now, I don't want to be emotionally obligated.

Then there are a few other things that must be done. The house needs to be cleaned. The former tenant took the shower heads. There was a rotted window header that needed to be replaced. Kirby allegedly "hired" someone to cut the bushes in the front, but I suspect he did it himself. And when all is said and done, the carpet needs to be cleaned.

Oh yes, I made the executive decision to replace the Formica butcher block-looking counter tops with some other more modern looking Formica counter tops. I have no idea what I bought, just because I don't want to be emotionally involved. I am told, as I write this, there are currently no counters at the house at all. Hopefully by tomorrow there will be.

This photo above, by the way, is a picture of the kitchen (with the Formica butcher block-ish counter tops). I believe Carolsue painted the cabinets for me years ago. The hardware looks like her handiwork too. Also at one time the kitchen walls were beet red. I painted those walls and cursed the tenant who made me buy six cans of Kiltz to cover up that ugly color.

Though it isn't on the market just yet, I have asked Kirby if he could please get me an offer $30,000 over asking price. The lucky buyers would also need to be willing to take the property as-is and close by April 30th. He thought I was kidding. But I am not.


No comments: