Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Free Popcorn

To give you an idea what my Monday was like, my first phone battery was dead by 11:47 a.m. and my second one by 4:52 p.m. Not including a of a pal of Polly's who called no less than 16 times in a half hour, my phone rang on average ever minute starting at 7 a.m. (and it was an Alabama call) and didn't stop until I turned it off after 6 p.m. Undercapitalized issues be damned. I was done for the day.

In addition to my phone, my texts sported messages from really awesome people like Bliz to some family members, whom I pretty much ignored, who had nothing better to do than contact me about self-induced drama out of my control. It also had more than 48 texts (I counted) from people who were not Bliz or related by blood.

When I finally sat down to process my e-mails (because you know if people can't wait the approximate four minutes for me to return their call and text, by golly! they need to e-mail me too!), I had an e-mail from Luigi. I wasn't in good humor, though I hoped I kept it professional enough. Apparently my Section 8 tenant called in a work order asking to have a new shower door hung--though I don't know why--and, (wait for it....) she wanted to know when I was removing the popcorn ceilings from "her" home.

I have no intention to have the popcorn ceilings scraped. The home in question isn't in a terrible area, but it isn't in the top-notch community either. The homes were built in a time when popcorn ceilings were all the rage. Though I think popcorn ceilings are unsightly under any circumstances, I  think someone who can't afford the rent and is living in my home off of the good tax payers can either live with with popcorn ceilings or move out. I am good either way.

And let me also just explain, this particular tenant by the way, has a 2011 Suburban and a 2012 Escalade. When I toured her home a couple of years ago, I found furnishings nicer than mine (which isn't hard to achieve actually) and nicer and much newer appliances. And I should point out, Section 8 pays pittance, so I am not exactly cash-flowing a reasonable sum here.

I haven't heard back from Luigi about my take on this tenant's particular request, but I am guessing I was able to convey enough disapproval to the idea in one e-mail that he probably doesn't need to respond. 


No comments: