Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tornadoes and Bankruptcy

Apparently tornadoes have been running rampant in the South again. Of course, this is odd, given the time of year. Leeds and Moody--where two of my homes are currently (hopefully) sitting were affected. So far no word on either of my tenants.

And a special thanks to Carolsue for once again keeping me posted.

One little tid-bit I found out on vacation was that Jefferson County declared bankruptcy. Birmingham is in Jefferson County. I wasn't surprised, as Jeff County was in trouble for years for mis-managing their revenues. I am curious what the outcome of this will look like. Probably higher taxes for me. Probably a lower quality of life for my tenants.

Somehow this seems scarier than a tornado.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

In the south we historically have just as many tornadoes in the months of November and December as we do in the spring. I can remember spending both Thanksgiving and Christmas in a storm cellar. As for the BK, Jefferson county now has the dubious distinction of having filed the largest municipal BK in the history of our country. Property values have already slid a bit which is rather humbling to places like Mountain Brook & Homewood.