Thursday, August 11, 2011

Introspective

I've been down of late. There is not enough room in this patch of cyber-space to go into all of the stuff happening in my personal life. Let me sum it up: working too much. People dying.

What hasn't been happening is me paying enough attention to my accidental business. In fact, though I loathe to admit this, I have been doing the "what if" scenario. What if we let everything go?

Freedom

Sanity

The fact of the matter is, there is no reason to give up. I've made it this far. Things are tricky right now. Kirby isn't renting out my homes fast enough. I have one vacant and two coming vacant (got notice on another tenant yesterday) and a third, my tenant in Fultondale, being asked to leave by Kirby. I have two others with short-term personal problems that have become mine--though I didn't ask for them. If I think about everything too long, it gets to me and I start letting the "what if" scenarios creep in.

One of my daily preachings to my children is never to give up. Ever. Fight till the end. How ironic I have forgotten to follow my own advice.

2 comments:

Home Genie said...

You are an amazing person! I honestly don't know how you find the time to do everything you do. I am thankful that I somehow managed to stumble into your life. I truly value the your insights about renting and it makes me reconsider when I start feeling sorry for myself and my rental situation. Glad you are heeding your own advice and I am looking forward to more of your shared knowledge.

Fiona D. said...

Well now! Thank you for such kind words. I think I stumbled into your life, my friend. Still working on Florida. Probably won't have an answer till early September.